Erik Yunghans on Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:05:51 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] recommendations?

so i had the pleasure last week of dealing with a dead western digital that
made a horrible screech when booting. needless to say, out with the old, in
with the new!

(being a 30gb western digital!)

so my question:

what do you guys think would be the best way to partition this badboy? its
going to be all linux, all slackware v7.1, and no one could ever give me a
straight answer on the best way to go about partitioning on linux for
optimum performance. if there is any documentation on this, please point me
to it!

thanks,
erik