Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:35:57 -0400

[PLUG] word processing / text formatting / typesetting

For those of you who write formatted text destined for paper using
linux, I'm curious what you've found useful. (I'm playing with
different choices of late for myself.)

One choice is clearly latex, and I know this would work for me.

Abiword is still pretty wet behind the ears and has too many bugs for
my tastes. (Simple letters have caused me formatting failures, for
example.) I haven't tried KWord, maybe I should. Star Office is a slow
and bloated monster befitting Microsoft, although it is free.

I've also considered writing in html, although I'd probably prefer
latex if I'm going to give up wysiwyg. (I haven't found any good
wysiwyg html editors for linux. Maybe others have?)

Anyway, I'd be interested in what others here have found useful.

--
 Jeff