Beldon Dominello on Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:30:06 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] BA DSL revisted

mg wrote:

> I'm sure everyone is completely sick of this subject by now so please
> forgive me. :)
>
> Mostly through PLUG I've heard how bad BA DSL sucks. Is it their Infospeed
> dsl that sucks or just any dsl that uses BA lines? I'm so ready to switch
> to DSL after the second looooong @home outage in as many weeks. I
> wanted to go with speakeasy but I've found out that Covad has no plans to
> offer service in my area, so that about leaves BA. However, I dont want to
> switch to a (slightly) more expensive service only to have the same crap
> service.
>
> Thanks,
> mg

Also check this site: http://www.speakeasy.net/dsl/index.cgi?r=thinkgeek3m

covad may not be in your area, but some ISP's use more than one network
provider (for wider coverage).  I have no idea where you are, but a frind of
mine was told by someone (don't know who) that DSL wasn't available at his
address, and it turns out he can get it through Speakeasy (via Covad even).
So check your address at the site and see if they have something for you.