chein on Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:56:37 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] word processing / text formatting / typesetting

I find that Adobe's FrameMaker is an excellent document tool.
You can download it free for Linux from:
   http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html
It combines powerful drawing capabilities with word-processing,
so I think it is way ahead of Word and Powerpoint because you
don't have to switch tools.

I've been using Frame on Linux since early in the year.
Seems to work well, though they call it beta, a few minor
features are suppressed.  Ask if you have any questions.

It is popular in the publishing industry.  Other Unix, Mac and
MS versions cost a hundred or so, the Linux version is a good deal.

More info at:  www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/main.html