Charles Stack on Thu, 2 Nov 2000 02:00:35 -0500 (EST)

RE: [PLUG] DSL provider speeds

We're running a 764K SDSL line in Pottstown through Voicenet/Covad (they
couldn't give us 1.1 MBS).  Most of the time I see 64-70KPS FTP downloads
although recently there had been a series of outages or slowdowns.  Voicenet
told us it was the CO and that COVAD was working on it.  Haven't seen the
problem in over a month now.

When our customers are also running DSL, we find it very easy to update
their systems via the internet rather than taking a trip to their site.
Quite frankly, its been a godsend.

What I'd like to see is what effect on effective bandwiththe new digital
cable service will have have as more users come onboard.  Supposedly, they
are fiber rather than wire so I wonder if they will have the same
limitations as in the past.

cjs