Flint Heart on Thu, 2 Nov 2000 03:01:40 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Question...

download the newest stable kernel 2.2.17
http://www.kernel.org
 and then grab the backport from
http://www.linux-usb.org
the backport is for 2.2.15 or 2.2.16 but it works well with 2.2.17.
This should be good enough for serial.  is you want storage/par./network
adapter  I'd suggest you move to a 2.4test kernel and make sure you
modutils are the most current.  Debians potato modutils are too old to
understand the usb backport or the 2.4 kernel module layout.  Integration
of the usb backport is comming in 2.2.18. I'm typing this on my I-Opener
with a 2.4 kernel connecting to my network via a linksys usb nic :>  It's
a bit of a pain at first but getting usb working on my systems has been
great.

If you need any assistance allong the way give a holler.

N-Tropy

p.s. if anyone has any i-openers that haven't been modded yet let me
know.  I'm interested in a couple more for around the house plus i could
be of use to you setting yours up.  i'm just getting the last of the kinks
out of this one (have had this V1 i-opener boxed up until this weekend)