Michael Leone on Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:19:57 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Computer classes for kids

Howdy all.

I received this email from one of my co-workers, and thought I'd forward it
along to the list, since I know very little about the topic of the request,
and I figure somebody here might be able to help out more than I.

"I was wondering if you or any of your computer buddies know about any
places that offer computer classes for kids (age 9 & up) - basic
hardware/software etc.?? My school district has just installed computers in
my son's classroom and his teacher tells me my son is running around
offering advice to his classmates.  It would be nice if he actually knew
what he was doing! (I'm sure he doesn't!)   I haven't seen much beyond some
summer camp-type stuff. "

I'm presuming Windows-based stuff (possibly Mac), as I've never heard of a
school using Linux based PCs for the students.

Anybody know of anything?