Kevin Falcone on Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:20:47 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Re: Has my disk gone bad?

  BJ> While I don't know of any utilities designed specifically for
  BJ> disk diagnostics, a search of freshmeat might turn up something.

isn't this what bonnie and bonnie++ is for?
I believe they are intended to do benchmarking of filesystems, and as
such would surely stress the disc.

Oh, and you could just run INN serving a bunch of users :)

-kevin

--
"Forgive us if we bite your head off; we were led to assume you weren't
using it in the first place"