MaD dUCK on Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:45:41 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Re: dynamic file (script output)

also sprach Kevin Falcone (on Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:35:57PM -0500):
>   Md> and yes, while the loop would only repeat after a read to the
>   Md> pipe, the output from the pipe was a little weird. so while
>   Md> running the while loop in one window, here's what i did in the
>   Md> other:
>
> that is weird.  I don't see that here, and I ran it a few times.

also, it seems as if the while loop is executed twice for every cat
read after the first one...

this behavior made me start the thread in the first place...

>   Md> --
>   Md> [11 lines of signature]
>
> and since this is to generate signatures, perhaps you could use a
> valid one?

sir, yes, sir. now while i am figuring out how this works, please
exercise your patience before i get around to actually selecting my
signatures. i don't just fortune them....

> note that the -- is actually "-- " not just "--" and you should have 4
> lines of signature content, 5 at the most.

well, the "-- " is news to me, that's kind of unnecessary i find.
doesn't it have to be on a line by itself anyway?

martin

  `echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net`

(greetings from the heart of the sun.)

--
  "in any hierarchy, each individual rises
   to his own level of incompetence,