Kevin Falcone on Mon, 20 Nov 2000 00:15:07 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Re: dynamic file (script output)

  >> that is weird.  I don't see that here, and I ran it a few times.

  Md> also, it seems as if the while loop is executed twice for every
  Md> cat read after the first one...

I managed to get it to happen once, on the first loop.  Could be any
number of things (this is on reiserfs here)

  >> note that the -- is actually "-- " not just "--" and you should have 4
  >> lines of signature content, 5 at the most.

  Md> well, the "-- " is news to me, that's kind of unnecessary i find.
  Md> doesn't it have to be on a line by itself anyway?

its mainly hysterical in nature, but it is an accepted standard.  It
means that worthwhile mail clients can hide/italicize/automatically
clip when replying/etc signatures.  Mutt should do this automatically,
unless you have fiddled with the sig_dashes variable.

-kevin

--
Bartender, gimme one of whatever the guy on the floor was having.