Michael Leone on Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:47:55 -0500

Re: [PLUG] webcasting

> Technically, we don't have any such organizational structure.  We're just
> a bunch of people interested in Linux, and Unix in general, who happen to
> get together on the first Wednesday of the month and happen to have an
> active mailing list.
>
> > I personally have no authority to speak for the PLUG group, or authorize
> > actions on their behalf. I'm just a member.
>
> Just like all of us :-)

Nonsense. SOMEONE has to make the final say on where the meetings are; who
coordinates them; etc.

Otherwise, I could just say "Meeting is not at the Convention Center; it's
on the corner of 7th & Arch, behind the dumpster", and it would be a valid
and true statement - since I can speak for the group. But - here in  the
real world - it's not a valid statement.