Michael C. Toren on Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:52:29 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] webcasting

> > > I personally have no authority to speak for the PLUG group, or authorize
> > > actions on their behalf. I'm just a member.
> >
> > Just like all of us :-)
>
> Nonsense. SOMEONE has to make the final say on where the meetings are; who
> coordinates them; etc.

No one person has had to make such a decision in the past.  What typically
happens is that major issues (for example, which venue to hold future
meetings at) are discussed on the mailing list, and a general consensus is
reached.  Once in a blue moon it becomes clear that a consensus won't be
possible, and some type of voting is initiated.

It has worked remarkably well for a long time now.

-mct