Kevin Falcone on Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:49:24 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Re: RAM Upgrade problems

  GL> On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 01:52:20PM -0500, Kevin Falcone wrote:
  >>
  >> this allows you to tell the kernel how much ram you have.  The hihgmem
  >> options shouldn't kick in until 1gig of RAM.

  GL> As I mentioned on a separate thread, I tried this and received a
  GL> general protection fault.

A what?  Did the BIOS give you issues or did the kernel OOPs or what?
I've never heard the term general protection fault outside of a
windows environment.  If you got an oops, and it logged, try running
it through ksymoops and posting to linux-kernel.

-kevin

--
Q: How about developing <some unlikely and ultimately pointless driver>?
A: It exists. This is Linux. Anything that silly has already been done.