gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:57:45 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux Crypto File Systems

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 08:51:39AM -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> 	So obviously you don't do much work on your laptop then?
>
> 	It's hard to write software on an airplane at 30,000 feet that way ;).

I do a lot of work on it, but I do it in CVS trees that I commit
and blow away when I'm back to a network connection or I just do
it remotely.

(Most of the development I do is towards a cluster computing project
for which my lone laptop is a woefully inadequate stand-in... but
the same probably goes for most development that ends up on a
monolithic server. Even if you're going to build on a different
machine than the production one, it should at least be a pretty
similar machine, imho.)

It's this presumption that it's even possible for a laptop to be
secure that makes, for instance, Dell's marketing laptops as "Desktop
Replacements" really scary for me as an admin.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net