Walt Mankowski on Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:47:44 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: shading text background

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 10:43:04PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> However, \hss is glue that stretches infinitely. It's not quite so
> infinite as \hfill, and there's a glue that's even more infinite than
> \hfill, don't remember it's name.

Would that be \hfilll?

Someday I need to finish reading The TeXbook.

> (That said, I used to use TeX quite a bit when I was in grad
> school. What I liked about it was that it made writing prose somewhat
> like programming. What I don't like about TeX now is that it makes
> writing prose somewhat like programming. ;-)

A agree, which is why I usually end up using LaTex when I need to
create a hardcopy document.  It's more work, but it's like programming
so it's *fun* work.  :-)

Walt