Darxus on Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:37:52 -0500

[PLUG] resources on our website - www.PhillyLinux.org

I'm still convinced that nobody looks at our website.  And I still haven't
gotten anybody to give me access to weblogs so I can actually tell.  So I
figured I'd try mentioning what's there on this list.

I'll go through them by the links on the main page
(http://www.phillylinux.org/) - the stuff in parentheses on that page is
the date the link was updated, although I often update the page without
updating that date.

If you'd like anything added to or changed on any of these pages, let me
know.  I still want to get the site in cvs so anyone can make changes, but
it hasn't happened yet.

Upcoming Meetings:
* Dates, subjects, speakers and their email addresses for all scheduled
  meetings.
* Address, phone number, parking info, and directions to meeting locations
  (note: specific room may change from month to month)

Plug/Plug-Announce Mailing Lists:
* Subscribe, unsubscribe, get your password
* view full archives of this mailing list (which appear to have decided to
  work this month)

Mailing List Guidelines / FAQ:
* Guidelines for posting to this list (could use some work, feel free to
  send me modifications)

Talks and Papers:
* Dates, subjects, presenters and their email address for all
  presentations since february 1999.
* Count of meeting attendees since April 2000
* Online copies of presentation materials when available
(If you have list archives or information from before that, I'd apprecaite
you sending them to me)

Members' Addresses, Resumes & Pictures:
- Nothing surprising, but I get a bunch of hits to my resume, and have
  gotten a number of emails from recruiters from this.  If you want to be
  listed here, just email me.

History:
* Lists 15 events, and their dates, that have been significant within
  plug.  Read.  Good for you.

Job Openings:
* Philadelphia/Linux related job openings

Pictures:
* Pictures taken at meetings.  I'd like to have more, so if you've got a
  digital camera, please bring it to meetings.

Internet Service Providers:
* We've had extensive discussions on local ISPs, and as you may have
  noticed, we all have very strong opinions.  If you're picking an ISP in
  the area, you'd benifit from reading some of our experiences.

Pennsylvania State Police, Computer Crimes Division, Contact Info:
* State Trooper Jon Nelson of the Computer Crimes Division is on this list
  and has attended several of our meetings, and gave a presentation.

#PLUG Internet Relay Chat (IRC) Channel:
* I should probably take this link down, not much happened in the channel,
  and I've moved to undernet.

Philadelphia Linux Web of Trust / GPG Keyring:
* One of my recent obsessions.  Generate a keypair (it's easy) and
  participate in a keysigning at one of our meetings to exchange
  cryptographic verifications of identities with other members.  Trace
  paths from famous people like Linus Torvalds to yourself.  Pretty graphs.

Now go read.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com