Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:33:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] resources on our website - www.PhillyLinux.org

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 11:25:51AM -0500, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> I'm still convinced that nobody looks at our website.  And I still haven't
> gotten anybody to give me access to weblogs so I can actually tell.

Geez. Just make everything a cgi, each cgi just dumps out a header
line and an otherwise static page. Then dump some log info to a file
that you do have access to. Illustrated in sh, though perl would give
you access to CGI.pm for better logging.

     #!/bin/sh

     echo "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n"
     cat the_page.html
     echo "some info" >> /home/darxus/pseudo-log

As an exercise, do log locking to avoid contention. (As a further
exercise, have each cgi open an ssh connection to a machine on which
you do have log access and port forward so it can use the remote
logd.)

The things some people whine about.

;-)   <=== important line

--