mike_phillips on Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:17:53 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RH 6.2 unstable?

> RH7 better? mh. if you want a good distribution, the go for SuSE, i
> still find that to be the best. or debian.

Debian + Helix, works far better than previous version of gnome. I have
killed it a few times though, you can confuse it when swapping desktops
too fast for it to keep up and sometimes when Mozilla closes. But a
swift ssh in from another machine and a quick kill -9 of the offending
parts tends to fix things ok.

And, of course, apt-get update|install just keep Helix up to date anyway.

Mike