Michael Leone on Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:37:52 -0500

[PLUG] CD Burning using MP3s as source

OK. I'm looking for a way to automatically convert MP3 files to WAV files, and then burn them onto a CD. Burning WAV files I can do, easily, using either gcombust (I prefer GUIs), or cdrecord, via command-line.

What I'd like to find is a GUI that will automatically convert MP3 files, the same way I can specify WAV files. Preferably, one that does it on-the-fly - i.e., I specify a set of MP3s (or even a directory name, which contains MP3s), and the program will convert to WAVs; burn the CD; then get rid of the intermediate WAV file.  Does anybody know of any way to do this?

"`My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural
deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving
Universes.'"
--Ford Prefect, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"