Morgan Wajda-Levie on Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:07:50 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CD Burning using MP3s as source

I don't know of a GUI off hand, but it's really easy to do with
mpg123.  You don't convert them to .wav, you just convert them to raw
files.  Here's a quick shell script to convert a whole directory:

for I in *.mp3
do
  mpg123 -s "$I" > "$I.cdr"
done

The only important thing to note here is that you'll need to swap the
byte order.  I'm not sure what the option is for cdrecord; it's --swap
with cdrdao.

It would be pretty easy to hack up a quick perl script to take the
files from there, burn your cd, and then delete the raws.  I have one
for cdrdao, but you probably don't want that.

Morgan