Michael Leone on Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:07:50 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Undoing CJK installation?

> At 1:26 PM -0500 1/2/01, Michael Leone wrote:
> >There's a ... LOCALE? ... environment variable you can use (or so I
gather,
> >from the Evolution mailing list). You set the LC_LOCALE (I think) to
EN_US;
> >then restart X/Gnome. I think.
>
> I am pretty sure the localized version is MUCH more than locale...

Doesn't it load the localized binaries based on the value of the LOCALE
variable? So that changing the value changes which binaries get loaded and
run? I recall something being mentioned about having menu options in French,
but email replies (such as the "at so-and-so time,you wrote .."  show up in
English instead.

> >I'm presuming Gnome 1.2, from the HelixCode folks.
> >
> Actually, I think it's a bit behind.

If not Gnome 1.2, would you need to re-install X, then? As the base of the
environment?