Beldon on Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:27:18 -0500

Re: [PLUG] 2.4 Kernel release

> Kinda newbish question.. BUT
>
> Is it out?  Are the distros going to offer patchs and or a spot to download
> it at?
>
> Or is it something that I can obtain from linux.org or something of the
> like....
>
> And one last question... is this the offical from Linus release?  That big
> break throught that was supposed to happen last year at some point?
>
> Sorry for the confusion but I am buying some new systems soon both for home
> and work.. and I like to use the latest STABLE stuff :P
>
> Thanks
>
> Anthony

I've been running 2.4.0-pre11 on my RH7 box with no noticable ill effects.

I know RH7 has raised some hackles with their choice of gcc, but that's been
patched now.

Anyway, I can't imagine 2.4.0 is that much less stable, though I have yet to
compile it on my RH box.