Brenden Sgalio on Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:47:26 -0500

[PLUG] booting from ISO

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and here's my first question.

I've recently downloaded the ISO image for Slackware
and I'm wondering if I am able to just boot from this
image for the initial install.  I have the root and boot
floppies and have gotten through the install process up
to the point where it asks for the installation media.  My
system does not seem to recognize the install.iso
image on the CD and says that there is nothing found.
Do I have to process the raw .iso image somehow before
the install program will recognise it?

This is my first time trying to install a distribution from
burned disks, I've installed SuSE and Red Hat before
from official disks with no problems.

Thanks in advance,
Brenden Sgalio