timo on Sun, 4 Feb 2001 18:17:49 -0500

[PLUG] Lynx problems

Greetings!

I've been reading this list for a few months now, and honestly,
most of it goes right over me head.  I'm pretty new to linux,
and again, most of it...well, you know the story.  I am planning
on attending the meeting on 2/7.  Looking forward to meeting
some of you.

I'm a networking student at one of the local tech. schools, and
will be graduating soon.  The school focuses primarily on windows
OS's, but I'm not so sure I want to make a career out of it.  I'd
really like to get into linux administration.  I have a Linux box
at home, but I still can't get it to talk to my other machines.
Hell, I was pretty excited when I got the NIC configured, and was
able to connect via DSL.  And that leads into the reason for this
post.

After initializing DSL, I attempt to start lynx.  It seems to
start OK, but when I attempt to enter a different URL, it spits
back an error msg. reading "Badly formed address <URL>".  I've
searched, and can't find a damned thing addressing anything like
this.

Anybody happen to have any ideas?

Thanks!

Timo