timo on Sun, 4 Feb 2001 18:46:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Lynx problems

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> Who is your DSL provider? Did they give you a couple of name server
> IP addresses?

Uh, verizon...and no, they didn't.

> If so, you should put something like the following in
> /etc/resolv.conf:
>
> search <your-isp>.com
> nameserver 1.2.3.4
> nameserver 5.6.7.8
>
> (Where the bogus stuff here is replaced by the right information for
> you.)

Thank you very much!

I look over at a friends machine who also uses verizon, copied
the DNS server info into /etc/resolv.conf and all works well now.
I was really confused as lynx did work at one point.  I then
swapped out the hard drive, installed in exactly the same fashion,
and now it didn't work.
<timo shrugs>

Again, thanks!

Timo