Beldon on Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:01:07 -0500

[PLUG] PLUG T-Shirts (Was LinuxWorld Expo)

Rupert--

With all due respect to you and your opinion, I think it would be better if
we keep to promoting Linux rather than dogging Windows.  I think the Linux
kernel has gotten to the point of maturity where it can stand on its own
merits, rather than Windows' (or any other OS's) faults.  Hopefully we in the
Linux community have reached that level of maturity as well.

Also, I think an original idea-- especially based on something that says
something about us and our little town.  New York's LUG T-shirts had Tux as a
cabbie (cigar and all).  What a cool tie-in!

I was thinking something like Tux flying a kite in a thunderstorm, or signing
the Declaration of independance (pretty apt image there [no pun intended]),
or something along those lines.

Think of what happened 225 years ago in Philadelphia.  A rag-tag band of
outcasts and colonists got tired of what was offered by the regime they lived
under and decided they could make things better themselves.

Sound familiar?  Now how do we work that visually into an image people will
look at and say, "Cool shirt!  Can I buy a dozen from you?"  Or, even better,
"How do I join?".  (Or how about, "Can I cater your meetings?")

--
For translation:  http://www.kluge.net/ungeek.html