Michael Leone on Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:15:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] PLUG T-Shirts (Was LinuxWorld Expo)

On 11 Feb 2001 12:00:38 -0500, Beldon wrote:
> Rupert--
>
> With all due respect to you and your opinion, I think it would be better if
> we keep to promoting Linux rather than dogging Windows.  I think the Linux
> kernel has gotten to the point of maturity where it can stand on its own
> merits, rather than Windows' (or any other OS's) faults.  Hopefully we in the
> Linux community have reached that level of maturity as well.

Well said.

> Also, I think an original idea-- especially based on something that says
> something about us and our little town.  New York's LUG T-shirts had Tux as a
> cabbie (cigar and all).  What a cool tie-in!

yeah, they were neat.

> I was thinking something like Tux flying a kite in a thunderstorm, or signing
> the Declaration of independance (pretty apt image there [no pun intended]),
> or something along those lines.

I like it! I was thinking of Tux, soft pretzel in one hand, leaning on
the Liberty Bell.

"Linux - the real cradle of liberty"

This may be better.

Anybody here a graphic artist? Or know one?

> Think of what happened 225 years ago in Philadelphia.  A rag-tag band of
> outcasts and colonists got tired of what was offered by the regime they lived
> under and decided they could make things better themselves.
>
> Sound familiar?  Now how do we work that visually into an image people will
> look at and say, "Cool shirt!  Can I buy a dozen from you?"  Or, even better,
> "How do I join?".  (Or how about, "Can I cater your meetings?")

LOL! Now, if we could get a beer dirtibutor to make that offer ...

> On Sunday 11 February 2001 11:23, you wrote:
> > To move this idea along, I have a suggestion for what to put on the
> > T-shirts.....
> >
> > On front:
> >
> > We
> > -P- [illy]   -L- [inux]  -U- [ser]   -G- [roup]
> > the holes in Windows
> >
> > On Back:  (idea from VA Linux T shirt - I love it)
> >
> > There is nothing wrong with Windows 2000 that Linux can't fix.
> >

> --
> For translation:  http://www.kluge.net/ungeek.html

Michael J. Leone <mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>

Registered Linux user #201348

As the bombshells of my daily fears explode ...
                         _Galileo_, The Indigo Girls