Tracy Nelson on Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:45:57 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Using dual Processors with VMware?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Wildstar" <dwild+plug@starforce.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 00:12
> nt5 on this vm is allocated 96m and
> with only siebel running (thank god the only reason the vm is on there
> now, and that's being phased out too i hear =D)...it's sluggish as
> hell....

When I originall got my PPro, I ran NT with only 32M.  Later, when I
upgraded to 64M, I expected a big performance increase.  Didn't happen.  I
borrowed some SIMMs from a friend and went to 96M -- still no better.  Once
I went to 128M, though, I saw a big improvement.  I think NT just has one
internal configuration for systems with <128M, and only bothers to tune
itself if it has 128M or more.

Just junk food for thought...