Chad Glynn on Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:30:27 -0500

[PLUG] ususing HD's >32gb under linux

Hey all,

	I'm about to purchase some hard drives for my linux machine, and
was wondering if there were any issues of using drives larger than 32
gigs. If so, is there a workaround, or is this more of a motherboard
issue? everytime I add a new harddrive larger than 32 gigs on my windows
box (I built it less than a year ago), I always have to install software
from the harddrive manf. in order for it to be recognized by the OS.
However, I am not sure if the same software will help it be recognized
under linux, and I don't want to take a risk of finding out by buying a 45
gig drive. ;)

	Thanks in advance. :)

			Chad :)