Andrew Auderieth on Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:10:23 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Access and Hosting for non-profits?

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 05:12:13AM -0800, multiple seriousity wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    I am involved in a local nonprofit organization, and we have been
> ramping up activity lately.
>
>    I'm curious if any of you out there might know of an ISP who might
> provide free, or low-cost high-speed access, and/or webhosting to our
> organizations.  I know there are a bunch of webhosters out there that
> specifically target free hosting for nonprofits and actively solicit on
> the web, so I am a little more curious to hear about highspeed access
> possibilities at this time.  Our last webhoster apparently only had a
> six-month agreement with us and it expired, but that was before my
> time.

Can't help you out in terms of access or free hosting, but we do offer a
fairly decent non-profit package for $9.95/month.  When we started out 6
years ago we tried doing free hosting for non-profits, but it became too
expensive to weed through all the bogus accounts people would create.

"But I don't make any money off my Boy Band O'rama web site, so why should
I have to pay you to host it?"

Anyhow, if you want some further details about us, please email me off the
list.

Thanks.

--
				Andrew Auderieth