multiple seriousity on Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:30:18 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Access and Hosting for non-profits?

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Andrew Auderieth wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 05:12:13AM -0800, multiple seriousity wrote:
> >    I am involved in a local nonprofit organization, and we have been
> > ramping up activity lately.
> Can't help you out in terms of access or free hosting, but we do offer a
> fairly decent non-profit package for $9.95/month.  When we started out 6
> years ago we tried doing free hosting for non-profits, but it became too
> expensive to weed through all the bogus accounts people would create.
> "But I don't make any money off my Boy Band O'rama web site, so why should
> I have to pay you to host it?"

Good point, maybe I should clarify.  I thought I said it when I said we're
a "local nonprofit organization" -- I mean we are an actual 501(c)3
nonprofit organization -- that means the IRS regulations and the whole
shebang -- donations are tax deductible.  Anyways, thanks, I will look
into your offering(s) as possibilities.

Basically we're an arts collective and reuse/recycling organization.  We
also work in conjunction with a number of different computer reuse
organizations.

Or, from the Director's .sig:
>A non-profit Arts & Environmental network whose members & partners
>include: Artists, non-profits, community groups & mainstream businesses.
>Our programs maintain a flow of salvaged, Reusable materials and vital
>information which is helping to create a sustainable Greater Philadelphia
>Region!

Right now we're working on seeking a new facility (building) and
re-establishing an arts and reuse center in Philadelphia.

If anybody has more ideasre:access/hosting or a building/facility, or
anybody wants more info, drop me an email.  Thanks.

ObLinux/Tech: Lots of interesting possibilities coming, depending on the
amount of space we end up with. It certainly would be a good place to pick
up parts for 'bots, and eventually I'd like to set up a computer
renderfarm not to mention lots of other interesting hobbyist/hack
projects.
--
msimons@slackware.com                              msimonsmail@yahoo.com
http://www.slackware.com/~msimons to be constantly created again a home!