Chuck Peters on Sat, 10 Mar 2001 01:00:19 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Domain registrar

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Michelle Weber wrote:

> Ummmm. but if you look at ns1.dotster.com it's running Linux....
> Though I don't know why you would discriminate a company based on the
> server os of its website when the main product its offering is running a
> different server os. They are just using different os's better suited to
> the particular tasks they've assigned them to!
> Plus they're only 15 bucks a year even without a special anyway.

I would not say I discriminate against a company or person, the word
discriminate has political ramifications that I would rather avoid.

I prefer to spend money at companies that use Linux and open-source
software for many reasons.  One of primary reasons, open-source software
is peer-reviewed software and I'll trust peer reviewed software over
closed source software like MS most of the time.

Chuck