Bill Jonas on Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:30:23 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Open source mail archive / search solutions for web?

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 09:01:20AM -0500, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good mail archive with search capabilites that is
> web enabled?  Something easier than rolling my own Apache/DB system?  I
> like what deja and geocrawler offer, but they aren't freely available.
> It would also be nice to have the option of running some private
> archives, or I'd just point the lists to geocrawler...

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=mail+archive

http://freshmeat.net/projects/hypermail.pl/ looks interesting.  Don't know
if that's what you're looking for or not.  You could always use another
site search engine, or put in a little text box that queries Google,
appending " site:lists.foo.com" to the search query.

--
Bill Jonas                | "In contrast to the What You See Is What You
bill@billjonas.com        |  Get (WYSIWYG) philosophy, UNIX is the You