qumak on Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:26:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] South Jersey Linux User's Group alive and well.

Le Mardi 20 Mars 2001 13:05, vous (Nicholas Vettese) avez écrit :
> The other group is the one I created.  We meet at the Camden County Library
> Linux File System.  Our Cert Track is based upon the LPIC course.
>
> Nicholas Vettese
> South jersey Linux User's Group
> nick@happyduck.org

well, i figure that while we're explaining our groups, i'll just let everyone
know what 'my' sjlug was/is/etc. (http://sjlug.20m.com)--
this past summer me and a friend or two decided to try and start a SJLUG,
because there were none (i guess this was june or something) - we weren't
sure (still aren't) of where to meet and what kind of meetings to have
(presentation, discussion, project, etc.) so we said, lets meet at the
deptford mall food court until we find something better.  turns out that
wasn't a great meeting place (how would we find anyone?) and then school for
me came and no one was showing up, or just not being found, so it's been in a
slumber for a while until i figure out what to do with it.  As of late, i
have been recieving a few emails from different people interested in a sjlug,
so it may wake up soon, also I have been pretty much invited to merge with
one of the other two s(j)lugs, and I'm gonna try to make it to both of their
upcoming meetings if possible.  So thats my deal.

Oh yeah, and if 3 south jersey lugs isn't enough for ya, two of them have the
same name ;)   maybe we'll become an fsug (free software user group) :)

--qumak(james)