multiple seriousity on Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:40:11 -0500

[PLUG] Cell Phones & Computers /Nokia/Cingular?

Greetings

  I am probably going to go grab cell service soon... like by the end of
this month.  Cingular has a deal that is just TOO good for me to not
grab. (It's up at the end of this month.) [Although I'm really PO'ed that
they pulled the free mobile to mobile option and the interactive messaging
looks up in the air right now too.] (I've never had cell service before.)

  Basically I will have the options of a few phones from Nokia either the
51xx family, the 61xx family, or the 71xx family.  I don't really want to
spend the extra $$ for the features the 71xx family adds,  Does anybody
here have any experience with these model numbers?

  Specifically I'm curious about two net-access related things: 1) the
interactive messaging service (not my wireless window) which includes
mobile to movile text messaging, email, news updates, web messaging. info
alerts and more (if I can find the brocure, I'll list what more

and 2) has anybody had experience hooking up these phones to a computer
for net access? any drawbacks? any tips? would you recommend one of the
5100 or 6100 nokia family over another?

And has anybody had experience with a car kit / car mount?  (I already
have a car mount in my car - used car -- unfortunately, I think it's a
mount for the 2190 model -- I think I may be able to reuse at least some
of the parts if I can manage to find and swap out the junction box and the
phone mounting part. Or does anybody happen to know where I might be able
to get these partial pieces?)

--
ms