Charles Stack on Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:14:16 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Wireless service

My VPN doesn't care...but having my own domain that is locatable by DNS is.

Satellite sucks, BTW.  My boss has it...latency is just too high (what do
you expect for a signal that has to travel 23,000 miles in each direction).

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Kevin Brosius
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 11:18 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Wireless service

Why do dynamic IPs into your VPN concern you?  I wouldn't think the
source IP would make you feel any better...  (Because spoofing an IP
doesn't seem to be related to dynamic vs. static allocation.)

As for wireless providers, there are also some satellite options.  I
believe there was a recent slashdot discussion on them.

Kevin

Charles Stack wrote:

> I'm not sure if its common knowledge yet or not so I'd rather not say (and
> get everybody's hopes up).  But, they are in Doylestown.  I've been told
the
> range is about 5 miles.  Since I'm within 2, I *REALLY* hope they get the
> go-ahead and implement it.  I want highspeed service with static IPs.
Cable