qumak on Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:30:24 -0400

Re: [PLUG] web authoring tools under Linux

Le Mercredi  4 Avril 2001 15:26, vous (Rupert Heesom) avez écrit :
> I've never done web authoring, but I know of some windows based packages
> which do web stuff, like Adobe Go-live, MS Frontpage, Dreamweaver, etc.
>
> What packages or tools are used under Linux.   I don't seem to remember
> coming across anything in the press or mail lists re web authoring, just
> web serving.
>
> Are packages like gimp used?   Is something like Dreamweaver or other
> commercial packages available for Linux?
Sure there are, coffee cup software puts out commercial linux editors,
cooledit i believe they're called has one as well, and i'm sure there are
others.

But most web authors under unix would probably just use 'vi' or 'emacs' or
'jed' or whatever their fav editor may be, though there are now many free
software editors available, though the names escape me presently, just look
through the appindex on http://freshmeat.net or look through some other linux
software directories, there's plenty (linux.tucows.com?)

--qumak(james)