Rupert Heesom on Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:10:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] web authoring tools under Linux

On 04 Apr 2001 15:28:32 +0000, qumak wrote:
> Le Mercredi  4 Avril 2001 15:26, vous (Rupert Heesom) avez écrit :
> But most web authors under unix would probably just use 'vi' or 'emacs' or
> 'jed' or whatever their fav editor may be, though there are now many free
> software editors available, though the names escape me presently, just look
> through the appindex on http://freshmeat.net or look through some other linux
> software directories, there's plenty (linux.tucows.com?)

thanks for the replies, guys.  At least I know what what to expect in
the Linux environment.

BTW, do I assume correctly that when using vi or emacs, that the editor
would not generate HTML from raw text as StarWriter does, but would need
one to put the raw HTML text into the editor?

--
regs
rupert