Eric Allan Lucas on Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:36:28 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Odd mouse problem - resolved

Yes!  I just finished tinkering with it.  It turns out if
I have a protocol value of "IntelliMouse" it flakes out.
If I use a protocol value of "ExplorerPS/2" it works great!
But the IntelliMouse protocol worked OK for a couple of
months... go figure.

This is what I ended up with:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "mouse"
  Identifier    "IntelliMouseExplorer"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/mouse"
  Option        "Protocol"      "ExplorerPS/2"
  Option        "Buttons"       "7"
  Option        "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

Thanks!

Eric

Greg Lopp wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:35:58PM -0400, Eric Allan Lucas wrote:
> > Thanks for your suggestions!  I took out all the fancy stuff
> > in the XF86Config that allowed the "Intellimouse" to work
> > and went to a fallback PS/2 setup.
> >
> > Works like a charm and rock solid.
> >
> > It's a shame in a way... I really like the Intellimouse -
> > It fits my hand better than most, has not 3, not 4, but 5
> > buttons as well as a scroll wheel and (most importantly)
> > uses light instead of a dirt grubbing mouse ball.
>
> Strange, I've had no trouble with Intellimice on my machines.
> Did you try anything like this in XF86Config ?
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier            "Mouse"
>     Driver                "mouse"
>     Option "Protocol"     "IMPS/2"
>     Option "Device"       "/dev/mouse"
>
>     Option "Buttons"      "5"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> I seem to remember there being dearth on info on IMPS/2 in their docs.

#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
#  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
#              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.