Greg Lopp on Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:32:42 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Odd mouse problem - resolved

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 04:35:58PM -0400, Eric Allan Lucas wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestions!  I took out all the fancy stuff
> in the XF86Config that allowed the "Intellimouse" to work
> and went to a fallback PS/2 setup.
>
> Works like a charm and rock solid.
>
> It's a shame in a way... I really like the Intellimouse -
> It fits my hand better than most, has not 3, not 4, but 5
> buttons as well as a scroll wheel and (most importantly)
> uses light instead of a dirt grubbing mouse ball.

Strange, I've had no trouble with Intellimice on my machines.
Did you try anything like this in XF86Config ?

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier            "Mouse"
    Driver                "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"     "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"       "/dev/mouse"

    Option "Buttons"      "5"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I seem to remember there being dearth on info on IMPS/2 in their docs.