Daniel G Roberts on Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:11:21 -0400

[PLUG] Lilo Help needed and Win2K

Hello all

I tried setting up a dual boot laptop IBMST21 ad I messed up..
I installed lilio into the MBR and rebooted the box and lilo came up jsut
fine...and then I removed it from the MBR and then the box didn't boot up..
So then I did and fdisk /MBR on the C: drive to restore the WIN MBR and was
still not able to boot in any manner...just a dead screen..
So my question is:

I have a boot floppy from another box..how do I tell lilo on that floppy how
to boot the kernel on the dead floppy..
I tried a bunch of things at the lilo prompt...but no luck..
The image on the dead laptop is on /dev/hda3

what do I have to type at the lilo prompt in order to get this kernal to
boot up??

Thnaks!!!

Dan