Rupert Heesom on Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:40:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] HELP with /dev/scanner not working

Thanks for your reply.  I did start to wonder if anyone cared!!

As it happens, I realised what the problem was when I tried to use
cdrecord, and this didn't work (for another reason).   I looked at some
documentation, then at my kernel config.

As you say, I didn't have generic SCSI support compiled into the kernel
(I have it as a module now).   Now I know what "sg" stands for.  I did
wonder before!

BTW, my scanner is a real SCSI scanner.

--
regs