Mental on Fri, 20 Apr 2001 07:50:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] crontab entry not working

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:49:21PM -0400, Rupert Heesom wrote:
> I didn't mean my msg in any bad way (I wasn't being sarcastic).   I just
> thought that in looking up the man pages properly I may be able to find
> an answer rather than asking someone else.

My fault for being defensive then. I've been told I come across harsh by
people. I generally have poor communication skills, in my opinion. And
text is easy to misinterpret. But cool. I'm glad you got something out of
my explanation. That rocks.

> Anyway, the man pages can't always answer one's questions, so I will be
> back to the forums!
> ........ I DO like being taught how to fish !!!

Besides the man pages, which you now know how to work... also see the
man -k function to search for key words. Further, should you ave the time,
do the info tutorial. "info info" will show you how to use the info
system. Its sort of like man pages, but more in depth(sometimes), they're
hyprelinked together and (once you get used to it) easier to navigate.

That all said, grep combined with the HOWTO's and rfc's is a very handy
tool indeed. Generally speaking the answer to your question is often on
your harddrive somewhere. Unless you're using very new software, someone
else has had the same problem as you have :)

That system usually works for me. And like you've pointed out, there's
always here, google and a bunch of other places.

--
Mental