Jaiwant Mulik on Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:13:48 -0400

Re: [PLUG] using Xfig with LaTeX

>From xfig, export your fig as "encapsulated postscript" this will give you
a .eps (say myfig.eps) file then you can:

before your \begin{document} use \usepackage{graphics}

\begin{figure}
\rotatebox{90}{\scalebox{0.5}{\includegraphics{myfig.eps}}}
\caption{blah blah}
\label{myfig}
\end{figure}

Notice the scaling factor (0.5), if you need it and the
rotation factor (i forget it is is clock on anti-clockwise).

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, MaD dUCK wrote:

> beating around my thesis, i am trying several methods of including
> Xfig drawings in LaTeX. currently, i am using fig2dev to create .eps
> file, which I \psfig into the document. nevertheless, while the result
> is fine, mpage seems unable to handle the documents and corrupts the
> .ps file right around the included picture (which is rotated 90
> degrees by mpage). furthermore, latex2html can't extract a single of
> these pictures and just reports errors, leaving .png files of zero
> length everywhere.
>
> so i am interested to hear how you guys embed .fig files in latex with
> the ability to scale them to a certain width. and yes, it should be a
> batch process to be run from Makefile.
>
> thanks,
>
> martin;              (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
>   \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; net@madduck
> --
> 1-800-psych
> hello, welcome to the psychiatric hotline.
> if you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Jaiwant Mulik
Email        : jmulik@temple.edu (preferred), jmulik@acm.org
Home page    : http://unix.temple.edu/~jmulik
Office hours : Tuesday: 4:40pm to 6:40pm, Friday: 10:40am to 12:40pm
Location     : Room 1043/1044, Wachman Hall.
Phones       : (215) 204-3197 (o), (215) 777-4828 (r)
Lekin woh zindagi he kya, jisme koi namumkin sapna na ho ?

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- Thomas Alva Edison