LeRoy Cressy on Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:14:57 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Printer failure

Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 01:45:21PM -0400, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
> > I don't see the printer support module loaded.  Would it not be better
> > to compile the kernel with the parallel port hardware and the printer
> > support compiled into the kernel?
>
> You'd run into problems if you ever want to do PLIP....

True, but how many new Linux users would want to do PLIP when they are
having trouble just getting their printer working?

> --
> Bill Jonas    *    bill@billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/
> "As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
> be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
> this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:ldc@netaxs.com         /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037          > ^ <