Andrew Perrin on Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:41:16 -0400

[PLUG] Re: using Xfig with LaTeX

Others have already suggested it, but I'll echo:

- Export from xfig to .eps; then:

\begin{figure}[htbp]
  \resizebox{\textwidth}{!}  {\includegraphics{pathmodel_idea.eps}}
\caption{Conceptual model of civic and political participation}
\index{participation!political}
\label{fig:intromodel}
\end{figure}

Depending on the complexity of the figure, you can also export to pictex
format, then:

\usepackage{pictexwd}
\begin{figure}
\caption{Cognitive Repertoire of Politics: Relations Among Logics}
\index{repertoires!cognitive!of politics}
\label{fig:lm3d}
\input{logicmap3d}
\end{figure}

Andrew J Perrin - Ph.D. Candidate, UC Berkeley, Dept. of Sociology
(Soon: Asst Professor of Sociology, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin