gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:06:01 -0400

[PLUG] Re: using Xfig with LaTeX

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 02:43:34PM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Indeed, I misunderstood your question. But fig2dev should work fine. I
> tried using mpage -2 on my dissertation and also got screwy results with
> eps written by xfig; but everything worked fine with psnup:

For what it's worth, I just tried this on the Suns at
cs.swarthmore.edu, where the images were not corrupted, so it sounds
like a problem in the Linux implementation (perhaps specific to
the Debian package?).

Since it had to do with extraneous .ps comments, maybe some fig2dev
package on (Debian?) Linux adds a "Created by..." or some such
comment that confuses mpage?

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net