Bill Jonas on Fri, 27 Apr 2001 00:26:43 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Dual-boot Linux/Solaris instructions, from Sun!

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 08:14:20PM -0700, multiple seriousity wrote:
> I don't know.  Sun leant Slackware an UltraSPARC to help develop the Sparc
> port of Slackware.

I posted too quickly.  After I did, I went looking around more of the
Linux section of their site.  I must say, I'm becoming more and more
impressed with Sun.

> "The Ultra 5 is my personal workstation. The Ultra 60 is a loaner from Sun
> Microsystems to develop the SPARC port of Slackware. It's been great
> having that there, the Ultra 5 was cranking out all the packages, but the
> 60 just tears through them. The other two machines are for testing/qa."

I didn't know that.  *Very* cool.

> And don't forget they gave out copies of Solaris 8 at LWCE-NYC 2001.

They also have their free binary license program; I snagged four of the
Solaris 8 CDs earlier this week.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin