Kevin Brosius on Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:00:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Backup options?

"Gleeson, Francis (HT-EX)" wrote:

> Has anyone know about any good open-source imaging software? Drive Image
> needs Windows for the installation, although it runs perfectly well from a
> DOS bootable floppy. I do not know about ghost, it probably also wants a
> Windows install.

I've got a copy of Ghost personal edition and while it supports a
Windows install, it also has a basic DOS executable that you can run
from a floppy or directly from the install CD.

I've got mixed emotions though, because it backs up an entire disk, or
the primary partition, very easily.  However, it only seems able to grab
primary or secondary partitions.  So, if you have an extended partition,
with several Linux/Win drives, you won't be able to back them up
individually.

This may be a limitation of the personal edition, I haven't tried the
full/pro version.

--
Kevin Brosius