Mental on Thu, 10 May 2001 13:03:50 -0400

Re: [PLUG] sshd_exchange_identification problem

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 12:52:45PM -0400, MaD dUCK wrote:
> also sprach Mental (on Thu, 10 May 2001 11:56:22AM -0400):
> > I would say this is most likely a DNS issue. Your names need to match
> > forwards and backwards if you're being paranoid.
>
> well, of course. nevertheless, it worked before and so i am trying to
> assess whether piper's settings have changed, since on the client side
> (diamond.madduck.net) nothing has changed.

I just pointed you at what to fix. Regardless of how it used to work, if
its not working now, check to make sure your A and PTR records arent
broken. Thats what PARANOID does. It wont talk to hosts with an identity
crisis. If a network cant even consistantly name a host, you probably dont
want to talk to it. Or if you do, you're not paranoid. Thus the term.

I dunno. Either way its pretty easy to fix.

--
Mental